The original thesis references the following:
- W.D. McElroy and H.H. Seliger, in Bioluminescence in Progress, Eds. F.H. Johnson and Y. Haneda, (Princeton University Press, New Jersey, 1966)
- F. McCapra, Endeavour, 1973, 32, 139
- G. Nemethy and H.A. Scheraga, J. Phys. Chem., 1962, 66, 1773: "The structure of water and hydrophobic bonding in proteins. III. The thermodynamic properties of hydrophobic bonds in proteins"
ibid, 1963, 67, 2888: "The structure of water and hydrophobic bonding in proteins. III. The thermodynamic properties of hydrophobic bonds in proteins - correction"
- D.C. Poland and H.A. Scheraga, J. Phys. Chem., 1965, 69, 2431: "Hydrophobic Bonding and Micelle Stability"
- E.J. Fendler and J.H. Fendler, Advan. Phys. Org. Chem., 1970, 8, 271: "Micellar Catalysis in Organic Reactions: Kinetic and Mechanistic Implications"
- S. Miyagishi, Bull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 1974, 47, 2972: "The Effect of Organic Additives on the Micelle Formation of Dodecylammonium Halides in Aqueous Solutions"
- R.L. Reeves, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1975, 97, 6025: "Effect of reacting and competing counterions on the hydrolysis kinetics of an anionic dye ester in mixed micelles with CTAB [hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide]"
- R.L. Reeves, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1975, 97, 6019: "Nature of mixed micelles from anionic dyes and cationic surfactants. Kinetic study."
- M.J. Blandamer and D.J. Reid, J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans. 1, 1975, 71, 2156: "Solvent effect on the catalysis by cetyltrimethylammonium bromide micelles of the reaction between hydroxide ions and 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene"
- F. McCapra, M. Roth, D. Hysert and K.A. Zaklika, in Chemiluminescence and Bioluminescence, Eds. M.J. Cormier, D.M. Hercules and J. Lee, (Plenum Press, London, 1973)
- T. Goto and H. Fukatsu, Tetrahedron Letters, 1969, 49, 4299: "Cypridina bioluminescence VII. chemiluminescence in micelle solutions — a model system for cypridina bioluminescence"
- F. McCapra, Pure and Applied Chemistry, 1970, 24, 611: "The chemiluminescence of organic compounds"
- M.J. Minch, M. Giaccio and R. Wolff, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1975, 97, 3766: "Effect of cationic micelles on the acidity of carbon acids and phenols. Electronic and proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectral studies of nitro carbanions in micelles"
- R.A. Hann, D.Phil. Thesis, University of Sussex (1969): The chemiluminescence of organic compounds
- R.N. Nurmukhametov, D.N. Shigorin, L.A. Mileshina and G.A. Ozerova, Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1966, 40, 1186
- F. McCapra and M.J. Manning, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 1973, 467: "Bioluminescence of coelenterates: chemiluminescent model compounds"
- F. McCapra and M. Roth, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 1972, 894: "Cyclisation of a dehydropeptide derivative: a model for cypridina luciferin biosynthesis"
- F. McCapra and Y.C. Chang, Chem. Commun. (London), 1967, 1011: "The chemiluminescence of a Cypridina luciferin analogue"
- F. McCapra and R. Wrigglesworth, Chem. Commun. (London), 1968, 1256: "The chemiluminescence of imidazo[1,2-α]pyridin-3(2H)-ones"
- S.Z. Razavi, D.Phil. Thesis, University of Sussex (1976): The biosynthesis and chemiluminescence of firefly luciferin
- R.C. Hart, D.Phil. Thesis, University of Sussex (1976): Bacterial bioluminescence
- K.A. Zaklika, unpublished
- D. Hysert, unpublished
- R.N.F. Thorneley, Biochim. Biophys. Acta., 1974, 333, 487
- P. Mukerjee and K. J. Mysels, Office of Standard Reference Data, National Bureau of Standards, 1971, 36
- R.C. Huston and T.Y. Hsieh, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1936, 58, 439: "Condensation of Aliphatic Alcohols with Aromatic Compounds in the Presence of Aluminum Chloride"
- J.B. Niederl, V. Niederl, S. Shapiro, M.E. McGreal, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1937, 59(6), 1113: "Equimolar Condensations of Aldehydes with Phenols. The Preparation of Primary Saturated Alkylphenols"
- M.W. Dietrich, J.S. Nash, and R.E. Keller, Anal. Chem., 1966, 38(11), 1479: "Determination of Components in Phenol Mixtures by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance"
- H.H. Wasserman and P.S. Wharton, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1960, 82(3), 661: "1-Methoxyvinyl Esters. I. Preparation and Properties"
- J. Lee, A.Wesley, J.F. Ferguson III, and H.H. Selinger in Bioluminescence in Progress, Eds. F.H. Johnson and Y. Haneda, (Princeton Unviverity Press, New Jersey, 1966)
- C.A. Bunton, E.J. Fendler, G.L. Sepulveda and K-U. Yang, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1968, 90(20), 5512: "Micellar-catalyzed hydrolysis of nitrophenyl phosphates"
- C.J. Biaselle and D.B. Millar, Biophysical Chemistry, 1975, 3(4), 355: "Studies on triton X-100 detergent micelles"
- R.B. Dunlap, Ph. D. Thesis, Indiana University (1968)
- A. Yung and M. Brini, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 1965, 587
Where I've not been able to find online references, if you become aware of them, please let me know.
If you spot any typographical errors, again please let me know.
Disclaimer: I've typed these references by hand twice, firstly in 1976 and again 2017. Typographical errors have bound to have crept in. By finding the online references I have corrected at least one.
Copyright © Robert Howe 1976 - 2018. All Rights Reserved.